skip to main content

E-mail Us

Please e-mail us using this form, or you can use this e-mail address: to send e-mail using your own e-mail program.

Your Name:

Your E-mail:



Leave this empty!!! If you see it

Note: All fields on this form are required.



Basic Food Employment & Training

Who can we help?

  • Anyone receiving federal Basic Food Assistance (food stamps) from Washington's DSHS, who is also:

    • NOT receiving TANF cash assistance

      (WorkFirst/TANF parents should seek assistance
      from Highline's WorkFirst program rather than BFET)

    • A US citizen, refugee,
      or immigrant (who has been in the United States 5 years or more)

What training programs can we help with?

  • ESL, GED or I–BEST students
  • Students in any of Highline's Professional-Technical AAS or Certificate programs listed under "Prof-Tech Options" here:

    Grant cannot pay costs for any AA or AS transfer programs

What costs can we help with?

  • Limited tuition, fees and books for required classes
  • Transportation (parking pass or bus tickets)
  • Working Connections Childcare referral


Next Steps

Attend a WES Orientation for more information and to apply to any of our grant programs.
These are held every week and are open to the public.

Visit the Getting Started page
for detailed steps.

find us here:

Workforce Education Services
Building 1

Español 206.870.3750
TTY 206.870.4853

E-mail Us:

Office Hours

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 ( TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer